Thursday, February 19, 2015

HOW TO NOT DRESS LIKE A SLOB


I truly believe that looking great does not have to take a ton of effort.  You can look effortless, put-together, and cool pretty easily.  This look I'm sporting here consists of three basic pieces: a sweatshirt, jeans, and boots.  For those of you who need a little help putting together outfits, I will walk you through my styling process:

1)  I usually start out with one piece that I know I want to wear for that day.  In this case it was Racing Stripe Sweatshirt from J. Crew (exact).  That is the outfit foundation, I will build from there.

2)  I find footwear to be EXTREMELY important in an outfit.  Bad shoes will ruin everything.  For this look, I took the cream from the stripe in the sweatshirt and decided to wear my cream combat boots.  I don't always do matchy-matchy, but it worked in this instance.

3)  I chose my pants based on my footwear.  I chose the skinniest skinny jeans I had to stuff inside my boots.  Pants sagging out of the top of your boots is not a good look.

4)  This is the best part: accessorizing.  I layered two gold necklaces to compliment the gold stripe on my sweatshirt.  I decided on simple stud earrings because I was wearing two necklaces.  Then I added my watch and initial cuff that I wear nearly every day.

It may seem like a lot, but this process takes me 10-15 minutes at most.  Simply put: choose a foundation piece, add supporting elements, and accessorize. 


No comments:

Post a Comment